cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Calif-mary
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 22
Flag Post

Hp sprocket will not print

HP Recommended
HP sprocket

I set up my sprocket when I received it and it worked just fine. Now all of a sudden it will not print, says it is not connected. When I go to the main menu it sends a message that an error occurred. I tried resetting and that didn't work.  Please help.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 2 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Calif-mary, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to print from your HP Sprocket Photo Printer.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: HP Sprocket Photo Printers (FAQs)

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
thisislong
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having a similar issue! I have reset it as suggested (I think) but nothing flashed or changed so unsure what I should expect from a reset Sprocket? 

If it did reset then it still did not fix the issue. The white light suggests it is connected correctly, I can send a picture but the loading bar is stuck on 3/4 of the way every single time and therefore never actually prints. 

Has anyone else had this problem/ been able to fix this problem? 

I wish I could return it now, to be honest!

0 Kudos
Ciara_B
Level 11
8,714 7,779 283 653
Message 4 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hI @thisislong

So have you reset by inserting a straight pin into the access point?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05241268

sprocket reset.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
Spectre_Envy
Level 5
Level 5
145 145 10 28
Message 5 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reading the symptoms you described, it sounds as though you need to update the firmware on your Sprocket printer. 

In order to reestablish a connection with your phone, please go into your Bluetooth settings and "forget" the sprocket by tapping on the 'i' icon. You might also need to fully reboot your phone.

Once you have a connection via the Sprocket app, please do the following to update the firmware:

1.)           Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.

2.)           Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app (green circle in menu)

3.)           In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)

After updating the firmware, hopefully your connectivity issues will be resolved.

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
0 Kudos
Aryane
6 6 0 0
Message 6 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I had the same problem! I tried to update it but it wouldn’t update at all.. the update downloaded on my phone but wasn’t able to get to the printer. I tried using my old phone instead and it worked.
I wasn’t and still am not capable of printing anything from my iPhone 7 Plus, but somehow it works with my iPhone 6...
what can I do to make it work with my new phone?
I’ve tried resetting the printer about 5 times, restarting my décidé, but none of it works... what can I do?
0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 7 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Aryane

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Sprocket which works fine with your iPhone 6 and not with the iPhone 7. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

May I know if you receive any error messages?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the HP Sprocket app on your iPhone 7?

Do let me know. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Aryane
6 6 0 0
Message 8 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended
There has not been any error message and I did try to uninstall and reinstall the app and nothing seems to be working
0 Kudos
Spectre_Envy
Level 5
Level 5
145 145 10 28
Message 9 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone - 

If you turn off the bluetooth radio on your first iPhone (in this case, iPhone 6), the sprocket should be detected by the second iPhone (in this case, iPhone 7) and able to pair in the bluetooth menu.  

Sprocket can only initially pair with a single iOS device and will be locked to the first iPhone you paired with until you either turn off bluetooth or unpair (forget) the sprocket from the bluetooth menu.  

Once you've paired the Sprocket with both of your iOS (Apple) devices, you should be able to use it on both without having to go through this process of turning off the bluetooth radio or unpairing.

Let me know if that addressses your concern.

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
0 Kudos
Aryane
6 6 0 0
Message 10 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I’ve tried this as well but there’s nothing to do, there’s nothing that works. I can pair my sprocket printer and my iPhone 7, but when I send something to be printed, the loading bar doesn’t load at all and the light on the sprinter blink white for a while before blinking red and yet there never is any error message. I have tried everything I have found online multiple times and nothing seems to be working
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation