Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
How do I fix a Server Connection Error when trying to scan to email. I have been scanning last week without incident, yesterday and today i cannot scan.
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you get "Server Connection Error" when trying to scan to email from your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer.
This issue could occur if the web services are not enabled.
Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.
And here's the step by step guide for you listed below:
Disable Web Services:
1. On your printer control panel, touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button, and then touch or press Settings.
If your printer control panel does not have an icon or button, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.
2. Select Turn Off, Disable, or Remove, depending on your printer model.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.
Enable Web services:
a. Touch the ePrint button on the control panel.
The ePrint information sheet prints, containing a printer code.
c. Go to www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter, click the Sign In button, and then click the Sign-Up link at the top of the window that appears.
d. When prompted, enter the printer code to add your printer.
2. Touch ePrint on the control panel. From the Web Services Summary screen, get your printer's email address.
3. Compose and send an email to your printer's email address from your computer or mobile device, anywhere and anytime. Both the email message and recognized attachments will print.
Let me know how this works.
You have a good day ahead.
Rainbow23 I am an HP Employee If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button, “Thumbs up" button!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community