Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (4,671 Views)
Accepted Solution

I am using a hp laserjer m2727 nf. Getting a scanner error 5. How can I fix it.

This is a all-in-one printer scanner copier fax. Scanning and copy. It says to turn off then on to correct problem. That didn't work. Even tried turning off my computer and the printer then turn all back on. The Light of the scanner makes one heck of a noise when you turn it back on and it flickers while making all that noise. Printer part is still working.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: I am using a hp laserjer m2727 nf. Getting a scanner error 5. How can I fix it.

Hello everyone

The products you have are commercial printers. I suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support for a better chance at finding a solution.

You may find the Commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

View solution in context
Honor Student
Message 2 of 5 (4,662 Views)

Re: I am using a hp laserjer m2727 nf. Getting a scanner error 5. How can I fix it.

The motor that runs the scanner i dead or interupted,switch on your printer and see if the scanner moves when booting.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (4,661 Views)

The motor that runs the scanner i dead or interupted,switch on your printer and see if the scanner moves when booting..

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (4,653 Views)

yes the light in the scanner moves back & forth just slightly like its stuck. I am pretty sure its dying.
Regents Professor
Message 5 of 5 (4,648 Views)

Hello everyone

The products you have are commercial printers. I suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support for a better chance at finding a solution.

You may find the Commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation