cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tonjak
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I can't get my HP Designjet 500ps to print in color on my Mas OS X

HP Recommended
HP Designjet 500ps
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

I just got a back up Mac to use for printing (I also have a Mac OS X 10.11, that prints in color). I downloaded the driver and utility and test printed several pages and everyone will only print black and white. When I look at the settings on my 10.11 it show color options, but on my 10.8  it shows absolutley no color options at all.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 818 37 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

check the following :

When you image is ready to print.... click    print setting.... custom  >> define your media properly, width, length.. print quality... layout etc etc. click ok & return to print screen...

On right side.... check   the icc profile & make sure    no  no  gray scale   , pick rgb color..   

HP has icc profile for dj500/800, download & right click to install them.

also on printer display panel, check & make sure it is for  color & bw.... not only bw.

DJ500 prints color very good & not good in black & white.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation