cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gmom1
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

I can't open the ADF cover to clean it.

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The error message was that the ADF is dirty and I need to clean it. I looked at the user guide on page 27 and tried to follow the directions. but i could see no way to open the ADF cover from the diagram. I went over to the printer to try to open it but I cannot open it. I can open the scanner window and I can open it up where I can get to the ink containers. But I cannot even see how it is possible to open the ADF cover. I would like to fix it myself if possible, but if I can't I would like to know where I can get it fixed.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,785
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Gmom1,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I understand that you cannot open the ADF cover to clean it, with your HP Officejet 4620 printer. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps in this guide, An ADF Paper Jam Error Displays. If this does not resolve your issue, Please contact HP phone support for further assistance for servicing options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this information helps, and thank you for posting! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gmom1
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer, but the problem was I did not have enough strength to open the ADF cover and I was afraid to yank too hard for fear I would damage something. But a friend opened it for me. It didn't look possible. So I didn't pull hard enough or I lacked the strength.

Thanks again,

Gmom1 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation