Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did something and now when i want to print an e-mail the entire thing will not print and half the time I can't even see the printed copy. What can I do? THank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@poodlemommy7

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting print quality issues on your HP Printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Provide the printer model number or the product number.
  • How is the printer connected to the computer, USB or Wireless?
  • Which operating system is installed on the computer?

Meanwhile:

Perform a hard reset on the printer.

• Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Press and hold the power button for 30secs.
  • Connect the power cable to the printer and directly to the wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed your instructions of pulling the plug from the back of the printer while it was in the open position and taking the other cord out of the wall and held the on button down for 30 seconds and then plugged each in again and nothing changed. Help what else can I do. This is a 1510 inkjet printer with a serial #of [personal information removed].  Will not print in color even though there is a brand new color cartridge in.

HP Recommended

@poodlemommy7

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the issue better.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

• Check the paper.
  • Check the print settings.
  • Check the estimated ink levels.
  • Align the printer.
  • Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page.
  • Clean the area around the ink nozzles.
  • Clean the ink cartridges.

Click here and follow the document to perform above mentioned steps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.