Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-28-2017 08:08 AM
My printer stopped working a few days ago. I have recycled the printer without success. I keep getting the message that the computer is off. The wireless is on and active. Trying to download the driver and the fixer on line says unspecified error and can't install. Any help would be appreciated.
04-29-2017 01:33 PM
Hello, @Mike1947 - Hope you are well 🙂
Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
I understand that you are getting an error while installing the Envy printer on your Windows 10 PC. Do not worry, I’m here to help 🙂
To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.
Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.
If the copy comes out fine, then perform a clean install on the printer to try and fix the issue:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL47810/mp-115828-6/EN5530_198.exe to install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
05-02-2017 03:56 PM
Thanks for th feedback. The printer will mad a clean copy. I did not go through all the steps you outlined. WHat I did was pull the plug on the printer and turned the pc off. Left them off for several hours. When I turned everything on, I was able to print. Have no idea how that fixed the issue, but I'm also not sure it is a permanent fix ether.
05-03-2017 04:31 PM
Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!
I am positive that the printer will work fine now.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I am an HP Employee
05-05-2017 11:38 AM
Thank you for replying,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
I'm curious to know the end result of this case,
Did the previously suggested steps help identify or resolve your concern?
If you have any concern, please do let me know so that I can go ahead and assist you further.
Eagerly waiting for your response!
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee