Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jetp1005 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have fully installed the HP Laserjet P1005 and yet cannot print at all. Docs stay in print queue.

I purchased this printer a couple of years ago but have only attempted to use it in the last couple of weeks. I have visited the HP website done all things instructed and in "Printers" the HP1005 is displayed with a tick by it. All drivers are also ticked and correct. However, whenever attempt to send something to the print queue it doesn't print.

I receive the message "Firmware Download Error". As instructed, I have "powercycled" the printer and checked all connections - all of which are OK.

I contacted HP via the website and received a Ref number for my problem and a number to call. On telephoning yesterday (PREMIUM RATE) I spoke to someone who knew nothing technically and was patronising and rude. When I told him that I had consulted the HP website he didn't appear to believe me.

Your company is a disgrace, charges extortionate rates for telephone help.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Professor
Professor
2418 149 356
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have fully installed the HP Laserjet P1005 and yet cannot print at all. Docs stay in print queue.

Hello Jetp1005,

Welcome to the HP Consumer Printer Forums.

Sorry you have had so much trouble with this issue. I recommend checking out the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05368413 (Link Updated 05/01/2017)

:) If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :)
0 Kudos
comeonnowyouare Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the exact same thing has happened to me. I have followed all the steps and still the printer is not printing. it is also about two years old. I haven't rung the HP helpline though. now from what you say I am reluctant to bother. I rang samsung helpline about another (entertainment product )issue and they were also extremely unhelpful, so it looks like my new printer will be neither HP nor Samsung. I might check out the brother printers. 

0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
2418 149 356
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi comeonnowyouare,

I may still be able to help, but have a few questions:

1. Do you have an HP Laserjet P1005 (or a different printer)?

2. What operating system do you have on your computer?

3. When you ran the Print and Scan Doctor, was there an error, and if so, which part?

:) If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :)
0 Kudos
KlinikRobot Top Student
Top Student
7 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear All,

I use windows 7, and just yesterday buy new windows 8, this great OS just upgrade from W7. But I getting problem when to print wiht HP P1005. It's amazing when I see so many users also like me (I have friends :smileyhappy:) Also my webcam can't work.

After 1 days (6 hours) try and error, I already can print using HP PRINTER P1005 NOW!!!

Here my steps to solve :

My Notebook is ASUS K401IJ

a. Turn OFF Printer, unplug the USB Cable

b. On PC with Windows 8, try to uninstall existing (using uninstall from original CD)
 or uninstall it from device manager or from control panel> device and printer or else (so many way to remove exisiting printer)

c. Go to Device (windows 8 view) and plug USB cable Printer HP P1005, turn printer ON

d. Windows 8 will automatically detect HP P1005, and status is ready (online) now

e. Test your print - and goal!!!

Note : for webcam that doesn't work, I try go to List Program Installed, and search program that for webcam, I'm doing uninstallation, after that => amazing!!! my webcam can work now!

TIPS : please try to uninstall driver/ software that came with your WIndows7, and plug / connect to windows8 without install any software or driver, and see what's happen will work

Regards,

Sandy Halim

{Content Removed}

INDONESIA

0 Kudos
KlinikRobot Top Student
Top Student
7 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I try Like this to solve this porblem :

1. On Printer and Plug USB Device

2.  Go to Device Manager, and Uninstall Printer

3. Restart PC

4. Install Driver

5. Follow instruction to install new Driver

6. On Printer and Plug in USB to PC Port

From my PC it's work well now, so I can print using HP P1005 on my Windows 8, here My Control Panel view (have to Icon that sown HP 1005 avaiable) I try to not set HP 1005 Printer set as default printer (maybe cause the problem):robotlol:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation