Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

I have installed printer driver from website but can't find it on my computer

HP Recommended
Having lost the software for my Hp psc 2179 all in one, i visited the HP website and installed the driver from there. However i cannot find it on my computer and when I try to print the printer box comes up saying that I only have a fax. What have I done wrong? Please help, my son needs to print homework and I feel useless not being able to get the printer working.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 3
82 82 1 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Not sure but if you ran it from HP.com it downloads a copy of the driver you still need to goto the add a printer wizrd to add the driver to you printers folder...of course I did not see what happened so this is just an assumption. I would search your HDD for the driver it may still need to be extracted and when the add printer wizard ask for the manufacture information click the have disk button and browse to where you extracted the driver to. Once again Good Luck
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In reference to the reply above:

If you don't know where you saved the driver file from HP, you can download it again. When you get to the part where it asks you to "Open or Save or Cancel", choose save and put it in a folder named HP Drivers or something similar. Then remember where you saved it and go to the file to open it. It will most likely have to be extracted and this will happen automatically. Again take note of where the file is being extracted and then navigate there to run the file.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation