Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (279 Views)

I have just purchased a Diskjet 3520 and cannot load a driver (basic or full)

[ Edited ]

My Lenovo is running Win7 (64) and can see the printer but try as I may I cannot get the driver to install. It is my laptop and I am the administrator but the error appears after failed driver down load,  I have also tried via the use of the wizard. The message that I get is:

'Call to DriverPagageInstall returned error 5 for package'C:\Program File\HP\HP Deskjet 3520series\driverStore\Piipeline\hpvpl09.inf'A caller of DriverPackageInstall must be a member of the Administrators group to install a driver package.'

Please helllllp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (229 Views)

Re: I have just purchased a Diskjet 3520 and cannot load a driver (basic or full)

Hi NedKelly

I understand you are unable to install the printer.

I have included a fix to this issue that is  similar error from pcwizard to follow through.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/Install-Error-quot-The-system-cannot-f...

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation