Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp sprocket
My phone (huawei y6) "see" bluetooth-sprocket but it doesn't connect with it. My friends gave it yesterday for a present. This morning I printed a photo bit now I have some problems.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Marta99

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues printing from your phone.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Follow the steps in the below article to resolve this issue.

http://hp.care/2py3Piw

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, I try to reset the sprocket, to re-download the app, to put off the bluetooth and then on, but I have still the same problem 😞
HP Recommended

Hi @Marta99

Follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Turn on the printer. By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device. Tap the Main Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Auto Off. Select when you want the printer to turn off.

• Charge the printer. On the printer, look for white and green indicator lights. The Status Indicator light is solid and white when the printer is turned on and the Charging Indicator light is solid and green when the printer is fully charged.

• Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer.

If the printer is already paired to your mobile device, turning Bluetooth off and then on might resolve the issue.

• Make sure the printer has photo paper in the input tray. Load up to 10 sheets of photo paper with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet. Make sure the Smartsheet is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the photo paper with the print side facing up.

• Resolve any error messages that display on the HP Sprocket app. For example, if an Out of Paper message displays, load more photo paper into the input tray.

• Move the printer and your mobile device closer together. Bluetooth signals can be weaker at greater distances.

• Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• Reset the printer. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

Figure : Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It doesn't work
HP Recommended

Hi @Marta99

I would like to know whether you reset the printer? If yes, then I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Enter Product number or select to auto detects
Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.