cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aethermbs
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I have to restart my printer everytime I send something to it for printing.

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6700 Premium
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My printer is configured/connected wirelessly.  The wireless configuration in the printer appears to be set up properly.  But, everytime I want to print something I have power down the printer and then power it up again.  When I open the printer status box on my computer, it shows that I have something in the queue, but that it can't find the printer.  I'll power it down and up again and it will start printing.  If I send something else to the printer it will hang up again.  So I have to power it up and down again.  It's almost like it needs that interrupt to wake up and recognize or open the wireless connection.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,760 25,640 1,414 1,485
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aethermbs

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 6700 printer. I understand that your printer does not respond when you try to print and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Reset the printer.
  • Remove multiple printers from the printer list.
  • Delete the existing print queue and add the printer.
  • Reset the printing system.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to perform above troubleshooting steps.

You can also refer this document for more troubleshooting steps. Click here

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation