cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cwkaiser
Level 2
19 14 1 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I just changed my ink cartridge and now I keep getting "paper mismatch" errors. How do I fix this? T

All in one C4280

Windows Vista 32 bit

Just replaced the HP 74 print cartridge

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 7 kkcb9395
Level 7
985 984 74 293
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I just changed my ink cartridge and now I keep getting "paper mismatch" errors. How do I fix this? T

Hi - It shouldn't have had anything to do with the cartridge change - probably just coincidence.  Typically it is caused by a mismatch between the printer settings and the settings in the SW App.  Try going into File, Print, Properties/Preferences and select the appropriate paper size.  Then go into File, Page Setup (or something similar) and select the same paper size in there.  Try printing again.  That should resolve the problem.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
cwkaiser
Level 2
19 14 1 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

After changing the cartridge, Iam also unable to align it, despite following the HP directions. I have disconnected and reconnected, set the page size preferences properly, etc, all to no avail. Can you suggest anything else for me to do besides buy a new printer? Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 7 kkcb9395
Level 7
985 984 74 293
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

When you say you can't do the alignment, what happens?  Do you get an error message, flashing lights, or no response?  The good news is the problems you're describing typically don't indicate a hardware issue that would warrant getting a new printer.  Go ahead and try the steps in this document.  I'd also recommend unplugging the printer after you've removed the cartridges (per the steps in the document) and gently clean the contacts in the carriage that holds the cartridges.

Let me know if that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Highlighted
cwkaiser
Level 2
19 14 1 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I was finally able to fix the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software, and renamed the prnter. The alignment and paper mismatch error messages dusappeared after I did that. Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation