cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Carolyn2579
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I just got a new iMac and now my printer prints everything double-sided, which I don't want!

HP Recommended
Envy 7640
macOS 10.12 Sierra

How can I prevent the printer from printing in the duplex mode?  It was working fine until I got my new iMac and now it prints everything double-sided.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,967
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Carolyn2579

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the printer is printing two-sided on its own and you want to change that to manual,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you looked for related HP Forum posts that offer a similar solution?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

If the issue persists, try the below steps;

1.  Click on the 'Copies & Pages' bar;  from the list, chose 'Layout'.

2.  There is a 2-sided option at the bottom of that box; click on arrows & select 'Off'.

3.  Go back to the bar at the top that now says, 'Layout' and return to the 'Copies & Pages' tab.

4.  Click on 'Black & White' & it will take you to a drop-down menu.  Choose 'Save current settings as Preset'.

It 'named' the preset for me & I just left mine 'Black & White 1' which is easy to remember it's for single-sided in B & W; I also created a

Color 1, for 1-sided color copying.

5.  Each time you print, click on the 'Black & White' tab & choose the 'Black & White 1' or 'Color 1' preset to have 1-sided copies.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation