Note on archived topics.
10-07-2012 05:53 PM
I have an Imac and an HP Photosmart all in one printer. All of a sudden it won't print. When I send something to the printer, The printer icon appears on my screen and then it disappears and there is on the printer that shows ite
10-15-2012 08:34 PM
HP Photosmart D110 E08E82, mac os X 10.6.8...printer is wireless with an AT &T Uverse router. I can go to the
utitlity page for the printer on my computer and it will print a test page and it says everything is good but it still won't print anything else I send to it. Should I call HP or Apple?
10-17-2012 01:44 PM
OK, thanks for that. Here are a few ideas:
1. Restart your router by pulling its power plug momentarily. Try to print again.
2. Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907 Restart your Mac. Try to print again.
3. Reset the printing system:
- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
09-21-2013 12:38 PM
12-23-2014 04:26 AM
I'm running OS 10.6.8 on my MacBook Pro and cannot print color images on my new HP Officejet 5740. I'm using a wireless connection to the printer, although I have tried to connect via USB and the result is the same. Everything else prints fine, but when I try to print color photos or documents containing color images from my computer, they come out in black and white. How do I print color photos from my computer?
I tried printing from my iPad instead, and while I was finally able to print in color, I was not able to choose the size of paper. Sometimes it will allow me to choose between 4x6 photo paper, and sometimes it just prints on 8x10, without asking me. How do I get the iPad to allow me to choose the type of paper and size of printed image?
It seems from looking at this forum and checking online in general that this is a frequent problem with HP Printers! Time to fix the bug, no?