cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
slowcooker15
5 4 0 0
Message 11 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I'm on a mac and my printer won't print

I have an Imac and an HP Photosmart all in one printer.  All of a sudden it won't print.  When I send something to the printer, The printer icon appears on my screen and then it disappears and there is on the printer that shows ite

received anything.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,872
Message 12 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What printer?  What version of OS X?  How is the printer connected?  If networked, what router?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
slowcooker15
5 4 0 0
Message 13 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Photosmart D110 E08E82, mac os X 10.6.8...printer is wireless with an AT &T Uverse router.  I can go to the

utitlity page for the printer on my computer and it will print a test page and it says everything is good but it still won't print anything else I send to it.  Should I call HP or Apple? 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 14 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OK, thanks for that.  Here are a few ideas:

1. Restart your router by pulling its power plug momentarily.  Try to print again.

2. Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907  Restart your Mac.  Try to print again.

3. Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

slowcooker15
5 4 0 0
Message 15 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

YES!!! It finally worked!  Your last suggestion did the trick.  Thank you so much for sticking with me and following

up until we got it fixed.  A Big THANK YOU!!!

0 Kudos
vicsitty
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I think it worked! It was message 14 of 15 posted by HP PrintDoc Provost. It was his/her 3rd step (reset the printing system) that did the trick. I just bought an HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer series. I think this is a fairly new model, slow but compact and stylish. It has something called 'Wireless Direct' so I still do not know if my iMac sent the print job via AirPrint or via a wireless transmission from my router to the printer.
0 Kudos
rebell99
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have an apple laptop and all of a sudden it will not print.  It shoots sthe printer picture down the bottem of screen and once I click on that it then tellsme the printer is not connected but it is.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 18 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What version of OS X?  What printer?  How is it connected?  If via a network, what router?

I am employed by HP

0 Kudos
zoomzoom617
1 1 0 0
Message 19 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I'm running OS 10.6.8 on my MacBook Pro and cannot print color images on my new HP Officejet 5740.  I'm using a wireless connection to the printer, although I have tried to connect via USB and the result is the same.  Everything else prints fine, but when I try to print color photos or documents containing color images from my computer, they come out in black and white.  How do I print color photos from my computer? 

I tried printing from my iPad instead, and while I was finally able to print in color, I was not able to choose the size of paper.  Sometimes it will allow me to choose between 4x6 photo paper, and sometimes it just prints on 8x10, without asking me.  How do I get the iPad to allow me to choose the type of paper and size of printed image?

It seems from looking at this forum and checking online in general that this is a frequent problem with HP Printers!  Time to fix the bug, no?

0 Kudos
csager
1 1 0 0
Message 20 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This worked perfecly.  I did what the person said and once the old software was gone I was able to download and get things up and running.  Thank you!  

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation