Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (504 Views)
Accepted Solution

I need a driver for my Deskjet 1220C on Windows 7 64Bit

I need a driver for my Deskjet 1220C on Windows 7 64Bit

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: I need a driver for my Deskjet 1220C on Windows 7 64Bit

Install the driver using Windows update with a usb connection to the printer.

There is no downloadable driver available on the HP web suport portal for your printer. The only available driver for Windows 7 x64 is provided by Microsoft.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (502 Views)

Install the driver using Windows update with a usb connection to the printer.

There is no downloadable driver available on the HP web suport portal for your printer. The only available driver for Windows 7 x64 is provided by Microsoft.

If any of my posts help you or guide you on your way to resolve your issue, you can click on the purple Thumbs up + icon to say thanks.

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (378 Views)

The problem is "solved" for individual consumers, but NOT SOLVED for those who work in companies with managed networks.  There's no way our proxy server is going to permit company-owned computers to connect directly to Windows Update.  The tech support people here have done what they can to look for a workaround, but there appears to be none.

I guess I can see this kind of brush-off happening with a cheap consumer printer.  However, this is a business-class product, so I'm surprised that HP didn't come up with a solution for business users who are very happy with their 1220Cs and who are still buying plenty of "genuine HP" ink cartridges at non-discount prices.

Is it that big a deal to make a generic driver available in downloadable form?

I realize I'm wasting my breath, but I'm disappointed -- and a bit surprised that HP would consider theirhalf-hearted response to be a "solution."   HP is telling us that it wants to "make it matter," but it is still trying to find its way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation