Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HELP.I need the driver Hewlett-Packard HP-GL / 2 plotter for win7.

I have already this driver but function only on a windows xp pc's.

where can I find it?

thx

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

You are talking about a 15-20years old machine here. Firstly I'd like to clarify: I'm not working for any hardware or software vendor. Your printer had been working perfectly for few years or even decades and now it won't do anything or only few things because of a new Operating system. Microsoft, Apple will never say "Warning: Using this new product, your existing hardware may NOT work at all". They only say their new products will blah blah ....They promise everything then put all the unhappiness, blames to hardware vendors. I believe developing new products is much cheaper than supporting older products and each product must have a life cycle, it must die loudly or quietly and the Operating systems will kill our hardware quicker. Many people just upgrade for a sake of the "bleeding edge", never know and/or research what the existing investments at home will work or not.

Back to your question: You may want to try the following way or just use XP computer(s).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559827%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

What printer model? Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 7?  

For 32 bit systems you can probably install the XP drivers.

For 64 bit systems you can download the XP x64 drivers from here, then unzip the files into a new folder.  Next go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, select the proper port, then select "Have a Disk" and point to the folder where you unzipped the files.  

You can see the list of plotters this supports in the post here.

This forum is focused on consumer level products.  For the Designjet you may have better results posting in the HP Designjet forum here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

i've wundows 7 32 bit.

xp driver and win 7 64 bit don't function.

what can i do?

HP Recommended

What printer model? 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

my plotter is a designjet 500 plus.

but i need the Hewlett-Packard HP-GL / 2 plotter because i use an old program that function only with this driver.

I tried to install the software for xp, but the printer not appear in the list of available printers.

HP Recommended

The HP Designjet 500 Plus w/HP-GL2driver is available through Windows Update in Windows 7.  Click Start, Devices and Printers, Add a Printer, choose the proper port, Next, Windows Update (wait a few minutes for the update to refresh the list of printers), select HP for the manufacturer and the appropriate Designjet 500 printer model.  

dj 500 hpgl2.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.