cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
peril
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

IP 10.0.0.4

HP Recommended

I have just installed an OfficeJet 780 on our wireless network. It says it's connected but the IP it is using is 10.0.0.4. What does this mean and how can I get it to use an IP from the router? I have reset the router and printer several times but nothing changes.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PrintDoc
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,887
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What brand/model router.  If it is an Apple Airport, this is a completely normal IP address.

What problems are you having?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
peril
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an AT&T router (2Wire?).

I installed the printer (HP 7780) on the wireless network which says it's connected using the IP 10.0.0.4.

When I try to install the printer on a computer connected to this wireless network, it cannot find the printer. The network setup will not complete.

0 Kudos
PrintDoc
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,887
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, you may have attached the printer to a neighbor's unsecured network.  Let's try it again.

From the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Reset Network Defaults.  Now from the same Network menu, run the Wireless Setup Wizard.  Make sure to choose YOUR wireless network, then follow the directions.

Finally, run the HP software to install on your computer.  Choose a "Network" installation when it asks and it should find your printer on the network (make sure you computer is also attached to YOUR wireless network, not a neighbor's).

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation