Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520 Printer

Inserting my very first replacement cartridge on a new printer it's giving me the message 'Incompatible Cartridge' and I can't go any further. I'm fuming. The printer is only 3 weeks old, the cartridge IS an official HP straight out of the box, I removed the protective tape and I've inserted it correctly. I did not touch the foil coverings and the heads are NOT dirty....what in the heck is going on.... I'm so sorry I spent my (very) hard-earned money on this printer.

It's only now that I recall a previous HP giving me the same problem....HELP....PLEASE! (Before I go insane)

ExitSign

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Well I would like to thank you for that Mr. Sabretooth, however (although I'm 100% sure you meant well) I am not a novice and I had already exhausted all of these options...please refer to the list of advice offered offered by you below and my response. 1. Make sure your ink cartridges are compatible with your printer. DONE 2. The printer might display an error if the ink cartridges are not correctly installed. THEY ARE 3. The printer might display an ink cartridge error if the ink cartridge contacts are dirty. DIRTY? IT’S STRAIGHT OUT OF THE SEALED PACKET ! 4. Repeat the steps that you performed earlier in this document to remove, then reinsert the ink cartridges. DONE IT AT LEAST 3 TIMES 5. Cleaning the ink cartridge contacts again can help resolve the issue. IT’S NEW, I DON’T THINK HP SELL DIRTY ONES! 6. Restarting the printer can sometimes resolve an ink cartridge error. NOT THIS TIME! 7. If you have a defective cartridge or printhead, it might be under warranty. YES BOTH THE PRINTER AND THE CARTRIDGE ARE UNDER WARRANTY; BIG DEAL, I’M NOT INTO SOME LONG-WINDED PROCESS JUST WANNA PRINT A PAGE ON MY NEW PRINTER WITH M,Y NEW CARTRIDGE! 8. Replace one or both ink cartridges indicated on the printer control panel. AND HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPEN AGAIN AT THE COST OF ANOTHER €18? AND EVEN IF THE 2ND ONE WORKS, WHO WILL REIMBURSE ME FOR MY TIME AND MONEY SPENT ON THE FIRST CARTRIDGE??? 9. If the previous steps did not resolve the ink cartridge error, service the printer. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? IT’S LESS THAN A MONTH OLD! I wonder if HP and the 'experts' get this.... this type of thing is INFURIATING, this forum is awash with people with the same problem... doesn't anyone get it?? THIS APPEARS TO BE A SERIOUS DESIGN FAULT CREATED BY HP BECAUSE OF THEIR GREED IN TRYING TO ENSURE NO 3rd PARTY CARTRIDGES ARE USED INSTEAD OF THEIR OVER PRICED ONES. NOW....anybody other experts out there with a serious proposition and advice instead of just giving me another link?
HP Recommended

OK, since you followed all the HP advice it appears your printer needs service.  Please contact HP directly now for assistance.

HP Recommended

Very good....and I don't wish to waste your time but, just to ensure that you are not a robot in the employ of HP....do you honestly believe that I should spend my time and money waiting for a brand new printer to be serviced?

I mean, if it were yours would you do that? Wouldn't you be more inclined, considering the huge amount of people that are experiencing (and being inconvenienced by) the same problem....that the best thing would be to dump it back to the shop and never touch a HP product again as they obviously don't appear to give a hoot about customers once they have their money? It amazes me to see the millions of dollars/euro that big companies spend on getting new customers when all they have to do is treat their current ones with a little respect and they wouldn't continue to haemorrhage them.

Unless someone from hp answers this message I will lose all respect for them and they will lose all their business from me plus anyone I can infuence in the future!

Regards

Des

“A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so.”

HP Recommended

If it were me, I would just take it back for a refund or exchange.  Always got 90 days.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.