cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Incompatible Ink Cartridges

Hello,

My printer is currently giving me the error "Incompatible Ink Cartridges." This started occurring directly after a print, a print that came out poorly (faded text). The ink cartridges are half full and have never been replaced, in other words they are the factory default cartridges that were shipped with the printer.

I've tried all recommended solutions, including taking out the cartridges and cleaning circuits on the cartridges. 

The printer model is HP Photosmart D110. 

Thank you to anybody who can help.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
367 362 13 42
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

These are the recommended steps for dealing with that sort of message:

• Check for tape remaining on the cartridge                                         
  • Remove and replace cartridge (reseating)                            
  • Check compatibility with SureSupply                       
  • Manually clean electrical contacts (inside printer and on cartridge)                                            
  • If problem still occurs, repeat reseating and cleaning steps
  • If problem still occurs, replace cartridge ( Use LearnAboutSupplies to check supply warranty)    
  • If problem still occurs, service the printer 

Good luck!

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
367 362 13 42
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again,

Found a document that might help. It illustrates the basic diagnostic steps:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02093281

It really sounds like the cartridge went bad for some reason.

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found the best solution was to replace the ink cartridge. I found a few articles a while back that basically said that ink cartridges are designed to stop working after a certain amount of time. This wasn't a money grab, but a technical limitation of the technology inside of the ink cartridges. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
367 362 13 42
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad it worked out. Don't think your type of cartridges have an actual expiration date, but sometimes age can damage a cartridge, just like it damages you and me! :Wink:

You could mark this as solved then?

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Every time I pring anything I get a message that says HP series incompatible print cartriges

Each time I print there are dozens of error messages that I have to deal with.

I have tried everything I have found on line to try to fix this problem.

The cartriges came with the printer

I took the out and cleaned them. didnt work

I spent hours trying to get the HP software to load finally gave up

I got the printer to worlk by letting Windows XP find it. That finally worked

Looking on line there are a lot of people having the same problem I am. It looks like a design problem to me.

All i really want it to do is print my document and not having to spend time having to get rid of the error messages which I have to do now every time I print to go on using it.

My next step is to take it back and get sombody elses printer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have only had this printer about a week. If my cartriges go bad every week or so it really doesnt make sense.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
367 362 13 42
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 92067,

Sorry to hear about your problems. If you have the same printer (D110), then the instructions for trying to fix the incompatible error are in this document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02093281

That error is a particularly irritating because it can appear even when you're using the right cartridge. The printer just isn't getting the message that it is correct. Sometimes it is as simple as a bit of the protective tape remaining on the nozzles, or the cartridge not being completely seated into its slot.

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also tried everything to fix the cartridges, the only thing that worked was to buy new. So far I have not experienced any repeat performance issues. 

This is not an elegant solution by any means.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
367 362 13 42
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing elegant about it. However, if the cartridge that was bad is geniune HP, there is a good warranty on those cartridges:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00206040

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation