Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2542
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased new ink cartridges today, I made sure they were the correct type for my printer. Verified through the HP website they are correct. When I installed them they did not automatically print the test page. Went through every single trouble shooting steps provided by the help center and still unable to print. This is very frustrating as I have done everything I can do and yet it seems that the printer and cartridges are still not working. I would like some assistance to determine if maybe I purchased defective ink and if so find out who is going to replace or pay for my new ones as they are expensive and I do not feel like I should have to spend the $40 twice. I have the HP Deskjet 2542 and purchased the Tri-Color and Black ink in 61 per all of the listed websites and support pages. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @KLMarketto!

I came across your message about the HP printer issue and wanted to pop in to help 🙂

Going through your post, I see that you are having issues after replacing the cartridges. I understand that you have purchased the HP 61 cartridge for your printer. But, to assist you with this issue, I would like to know the following details:

1. Where was this printer purchased from and have you moved the printer from one country to another before replacing the cartridges?
  2. What was the cartridge number which was there in the printer prior to replacing the cartridge?

If you have not moved and if the cartridge number was 61 prior to replacing, then the issue could be with the cartridges. Make sure you have done all the steps specified here to resolve the issue: http://hp.care/2psmJ8y

If the issue persists, then please contact the HP phone support to get further assistance. HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hello thank you for your reply.

The printer was purchased from Walmart. No I have not move the printer out of the country and yes the cartridges were 61 prior to replacing them.

I have followed all of the steps in the link above and tried to work through any troubleshooting several times before reaching out.

I will try to reach out to the HP Support. At this point I have no other options.

Thanks again.
HP Recommended

@KLMarketto

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Yes please contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

They will be more than glad to assist you.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.