Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP2130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I moved to Georgia (the counrtry) where I bought a simple HP2130 printer. When the ink was out, I tried unsuccessfully to buy the cartridge here. I could not find a place that sold it. I decided to order from Amazon US. When I checked the HP support website, it said that for North Ameria The HP62 Inkcartridge would be compbatible while in Europe it would be HP302. SInce i was ordering from the US, I ordered the HP62. Now, the printer states that the cartridge is not compatible. Can somebody help? Thanks. Ozan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Ozi2010,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you installed new HP62 ink cartridges on your printer and it says that the cartridges are not incompatible. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you checked the printer specifications of your printer? 

When I check the printer specifications, it states that the cartridges meant for your printer are HP63. Click here

For any ink cartridges errors, you can refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

For assistance in ordering ink cartridges, please visit suresupply.com

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. Thank you for your response. It was a typo actually. I did buy the 63 inkcardridge which on the HP website states it would be the equivalent to the 123 in Europe. I again checked the box in which the cardridge came in and it states that it is compatible with HPdeskjet 2130. Can you please clarify what is wrong? Thanks. Ozan

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, if the printer was purchased in a particular country or region and if you go to a different region, you would need to use the cartridges that were used in the first region. The printer is region specific. In case the cartridges are not available, you would need a set of cartridges of both the regions so that we can attempt a region change on the printer. 

Let me know if you have a set of cartridges of both the regions. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.