cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BillBates1
Level 2
19 9 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Ink Door will not close

HP Recommended
oj6500 e709n
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

I am attempting to get my OJ6500 e709n printer cleanedup and usable to my old PPC computer. After opening the cartrige access door and doing some basic cleaning, nothing I do will close the door which is now stuck at about 45 degrees from flat plane.

This same printer worked several months ago which included removing the cartridges when I put it in storage. What is happening and how do I get the door to close?

Sparkgapper

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,644
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @BillBates1,

Thanks for showing your interest in the HP Forums! I see that you are having issues closing the cartridge door. I would like to help you.

It sounds like the latch may be broken. Try opening higher and closing it again. Make sure there aren't any obstructions. 

You can contact HP Customer Support  to find out what service or trade-in options are available. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Let me know if those steps worked for you. You can select the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! Good Luck!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
BillBates1
Author
Level 2
19 9 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Absolutely No Help whatsoever. The door will only move about half an inch from its "at rest" position.

Since this ancient computer does not have WiFi, and absolutely none available, I cannot use ePrint unless there is one that can be used through a connected router (Apple Airport with integrated wired router).

Though I have no need to get a NEW printer (I have an 8600 OJ PRO on the other part of my network) there are no drivers this ancient PPC Dome all in one to any of the newer printers that will utilize the printer to its fullest. At least I haven't found a GENERIC in your files and the last time I updated the driver on the Dome it would not access over half of its features, particularly DUPLEXING.

Tks anyway

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation