Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

when printing pdf or excel documents sometimes the printer will not print blocks of the page. sometimes it is the top half of a line but not across the whole page or a segment of cells but on the next page, it is a different segment of cells. It is always random spots that do not print. Updated firmware and driver for the printer.  looked at preferences and can't figure out what is going on with this printer other than the fact that it is a printer.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Have you tried running a printhead cleaning cycle?

Does the printhead test page look ok?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

we have performed the printhead cleaning and the alignment cycle as well and they did not help. 

HP Recommended

How do you have it connected?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

this is a locally attached printer meaning of course USB to a docking station which is an HP dock and as I am typing this I am going to try and plug it directly into the laptop to see if the dock is the problem.

HP Recommended

So after leaving the printer connected to the laptop and bypassing the docking station it still came with the same printing problem so the dock is not the problem.

HP Recommended

Check the 8710 firmware, lastest is 1644B. (print status report)

Try another USB cable.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.