cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Azeem123
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Ink System Failure. HP Photosmart C6180

HP Recommended

Printer was working fine. Then sudenly this message:    Ink System Failure      Error: 0xc18a0201 

Tried to reinstall Printer software from HP website. But still same message.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Shane_R
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,154
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This a fatal error in the ink system.  There are a two things you can try to clear up the problem.  The fist is found in the document linked below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00551397

If that doesn't work, then move on to doing a partial reset.  The partial reset will set the printer back to factory settings and should clear anything in the firmware that may be causing this.

To do a partial reset:

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
  3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord into the wall, but do not plug in the printer.
  6. Hold down the 3 and # buttons.
  7. While holding the buttons, plug in the printer.
  8. When the lights come on, let go of the buttons.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to get a new printer.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
vcalder
Level 2
27 24 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have a C6180 (out of warranty of course) that experienced this ink system failure. I tried all the fixes I've found on this forum as well as a total reset option found elsewhere that came from an HP support person. After this total reset, I decided to be buy a new set of 02 cartridges to make sure I didn't have any of these air bubble problems. Upon installing the6 new cartridges and trying to run a test print, the printer no longer gave the ink system failure, but when it printed the test page, it only partially printed. Then I noticed a bunch of ink spilled inside the carriage. Does this mean this printer is beyond hope or is there some way to recover (once I'm able to clean up the ink mess)?
0 Kudos
Shane_R
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,154
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Is the printer constantly leaking ink, or was it just a temporary problem?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
rpclub
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ink system failure

0 Kudos
johnnat
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This worked for a short time, but began to fall back to what it was doing (not printing with magenta and light magenta). I guess it may be time for a new printer. While I do not look forward to the expense, I was not happy with the durability of this ink. it did not hold up under damp or slightly wet conditions. Another printer we have with a different company does use ink that is very durable, bright and light resistent. Something you want when printing photos.

Thank you for your help. It was great for a short time!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation