cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pruner
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ink System Failure

HP Recommended
Hp Photosmart Premium C309g

The printer was not printing so I changed the black ink cartridge. It printed with the new cartridge. I decided to try the old cartridge again to see what would happen.  The printer would not print and I got an error message that said I replaced the cartridge with a used cartridge. I put back the new cartridge and got an ink system failure message and please turn printer off and then on. I did this and the same ink failure message appeared. I tried unplugging the printer connection in the back of the printer and unplugging the power cord from the wall and then waiting about one minute and plugging both cords back in. The ink system failure message returned. Ink levels of all five cartridges are full or near full.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,545
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @pruner

I can help you with your C309g. I understand you are seeing an ink system failure message on the printer. Please use the following document to fully troubleshoot the issue: HP Printers - 'Ink System Failure' or '0x ...' Error Code Displays

If the issue persists, I suggest you call us. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Please let me know whether the issue is resolved and/or the outcome of your call with phone support.

Feel free to post again if there is anything else I can help you with.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation