cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Teacher19
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Ink system failure messafe

HP Recommended
HP Office jet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I am receiving the error message ink system failure all of a sudden. It says there is a problem with the printer or ink aystem. Turn off, then on if problem persists, contact HP. My printer is not that old...Jan 31, 2013 is when I got it. Any ideas? Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Teacher19
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
After pressing ok, it now says missing or failed printhead.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
DocCottle
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 404 709
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Teacher19,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having an issue with a missing or failed printhead error on your Officejet Premium 6700 e-All-In-One Printer. I can help you with that.

First, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall and not a surge protector. Once that is done this document outlines how to troubleshoot printhead issues with your printer.

If after following the above you are still seeing the error then the printer would need to be replaced. You can contact HP support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to discuss options based on your warranty.

Please let me know if this allows you to print or if you have any other questions. Otherwise, have a great day!

If this resolves your issue, please help others find the answer by clicking Accept Solution below my post.

If you appreciate my help, please let others know by clicking on the thumbs up icon below my post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation