Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,297 Views)

Ink system failure

While printing a 5 page document, my printer just stopped after shooting out 4 of the printed pages.  The screen started blinking and is read -Ink system failure, unable to print ,refer to printer documentation, Error OXC 18a 0001-

This printer is an HP Photosmart C8180 All-In-One, just 9 days out of warrenty.  I can not find any reference in the printer documentation regarding this error number. 

I can not print anything, even color.  I have turned the printer off, unplugged it waited 15 seconds replugged it, turned it back on.    I have cleaned all the cartridges and print heads with a coffee filter and distilled water.  Nothing seems to work I think it might be a problem with the print head but do I have to replace all the the heads or just the black one?  They cost somewhere near $40.00 each and I bought the printer  last Feb on sale for $139.00.  It seems foolish to replace heads when the printer was so cheap, but throwing it away also seems foolish to me.  I just think you should get more than a year and a couple of days out of a HP printer.

Has anyone had this problem and knows how to fix it????

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (1,268 Views)

Re: Ink system failure

[ Edited ]

The troubleshooting steps here may help resolve your issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
Message 3 of 4 (439 Views)

1. While printing a 5 page document, my printer just stopped after shooting out 4 of the printed pages.  The screen started blinking and is read -Ink system failure, unable to print ,refer to printer documentation, Error OXC 18a 0001-

This printer is an HP Photosmart hp 7200 All-In-One.I can not find any reference in the printer documentation regarding this error number. 

Please let me know your recommendation.

COJ Student
Student
Message 4 of 4 (206 Views)

I have a C8180 all in one. I am getting the "ink System Failure message with the code 0xc19a003. In asking for help to fix this it seems everyone with a problem like this refers to the same product but the error code starts with oxc 19. What is the difference between the "18" and "19" does it require a defferent solutuin. Thanks in advance 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation