Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 10 (21,386 Views)

Ink widget installation on Mac Dashboard

After installing the Photosmart C6380 printer on my Mac (OS X), the dashboard had two printer ink widgets.  So I tried to delete one of them and ended up removing both.  I liked having the widget on the Dashboard, and would like to have it back.  How do I get the widget back on the Dashboard, but with only ONE copy of it.

Thanks!

Michael 

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 10 (20,478 Views)

Re: Ink widget installation on Mac Dashboard

How do I install an HP5780 Inkjet widget on my computer?
Teacher
Message 3 of 10 (20,477 Views)

C6380: Run the Applications/Hewlett-Packard/Device Utilities/HP Setup Assistant , the assistant will give you the option to re-add the inkjet widget.

HP5780: If you are referring to the Officejet J5780??, the above step should work.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 10 (20,450 Views)

Thanks. I will try that tomorrow when I awake.  It's my bedtime now.  JIM. 

How do I install an HP5780 Inkjet widget on my computer?
Student
Message 5 of 10 (18,268 Views)

Connecting a Photosmart C7280 to a late model iMac; regarding the HP widget  - 

It was working fine, showing the ink levels, etc. when the printer was connected directly by USB. But, when I changed the printer to connect to the Airport Extreme and be shared over the network, the Widget on the iMac became blank.

Is there a way for the widget to show ink levels when the printer is shared on network, rather than directly connecting?

Thanks for any advice,

Scott

Top Student
Message 6 of 10 (18,240 Views)

Unfortunately, the services between a printer connected via USB to an Airport Extreme and any host computer are limited only to printing. The Airport Extreme does not support status or configuration services for the USB-connected device.

Status and configuration services are available if you put the printer on your LAN, either wired (Ethernet) or wireless (802.11).

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Student
Message 7 of 10 (16,980 Views)

I tried doing that with my Photosmart C4480 All in one, but it skipped the bit where you can request the Widget. I recently had to reinstall my HP software, and after that the widget was removed. I am using a Mac 10.6 Snow Leopard. 

It was really useful, so if anyone knows how I can get it back, I wold be very grateful!

Student
Message 8 of 10 (15,191 Views)

I have  HP photosmart C4280  Printer.  Please   install ink widget on my dashboard  MAC  OS X Version 10.6.8

Student
Message 9 of 10 (13,316 Views)

I recently installed Mac OSX, ver 10.7.4. (Lion).  I succesfully installed my HP C7280 Photosmart All-in-one.  However, I lost the ink level widget displayed in dashboad.  How do I get it back.  Please help.

VR,

Nick Demer

Student
Message 10 of 10 (8,348 Views)

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and no longer have the printer status widget in the dashboard and would like it back.  Thank You.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation