Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
inkjet office pro 6835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Inkjet Office Pro 6835 yellow 935XL will not print. Ink level approx 75%

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @vegaslad, Welcome to HP forums

I understand yellow cartridge on your printer is not printing.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

I have checked the printer specifications 935XL cartridge is black not yellow.

934XL is yellow.

Refer the printer specifications page for more information.

Also, try cleaning the print heads on your printer and check if it helps.

Never turn off the printer when ink cartridges are missing. Make sure you replace any missing ink cartridges as soon as possible to avoid print quality issues and possible extra ink usage or damage to the ink system. To avoid issues that require cleaning the printhead, always turn the printer off with the Power button on the printer itself.
Load plain white paper into the tray.
On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon (). The Setup menu displays.
Swipe the display to scroll to Printer Maintenance, and then touch Printer Maintenance.
Touch Clean Printhead. There are three cleaning stages. A test page (different from the Print Quality Diagnostics page) prints between each cleaning stage.
Examine the test page for print quality.
If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Proceed when prompted to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for each cleaning stage, if necessary.
   NOTE:
If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.
If the print quality is acceptable, touch Done when prompted to continue the next level of cleaning.
Print another Print Quality Diagnostic Page to see if the issue is resolved.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Print Quality Issues.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response. Am confused by cartridge numbering: On my Officejet 6835 a large-sized hp black ink cartridge is designated 934XL while a smaller hp cartridge containing yellow ink is designated 935XL.

Have run all maintenance routines with no success. Print quality is excellent but yellow ink is still will not print even though ink-level is indicated at approx 75% full.

Sometimes I get a message that I am using an hp ink cartridge that was used before. Why should this be an issue since the cartridge in question is a genuine hp product?

Regards,

Vegaslad

HP Recommended

@vegaslad, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

It looks to be an issue with the yellow ink cartridge, please contact HP and get the ink cartridge replaced if it is still under warranty.

Link to contact HP.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.