Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (5,949 Views)

Inkjet printing labels directly onto CD / DVDs

This is my second posting relating to this topic.   I added my previous post to an existing thread and got no response.

I purchased a HP 5380 specifically because I wanted to print directly onto Inkjet Printable CD / DVDs.   I was very disappointed with the software templates provided.   Do HP have any plans to improve this situation?   I am aware of various third party software that can be purchased but I do not want to go to the further expense and possible conflicts that mixed software often involves.   I have access to a rival brand printer that also prints directly onto discs and the manufacturers software includes many good template options.   If any HPers read this post I would appreciate advice as to whether HP are likely to provide any updates in the near future.   

Bert 

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 7 (5,802 Views)

Re: Inkjet printing labels directly onto CD / DVDs

I have the same complaint.  A new C5550 AIO and I can't believe those templates.  There must be some additional software, adaptation or work-around procedure to allow you at least to create a text ox large enough to write more than a few words.  I does anyone have any help to offer?  Can you design a label in Avery or something and import it into hp's software?

JohnF

Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (4,718 Views)

I have the same complaint. The software they supply is terrible.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 7 (4,691 Views)

I also purchased the unit with the possibility of direct printing CD labels for my business. The options are terrible and unable to "save" whatever prints I come up with for future use is just ridiculous. I feel like I've transported back to Apple 2E technology. Hey HP a new software option for this is sooo overdue. 

Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (2,911 Views)

hp dont have 1 u have 2 get a 

Epson Artisan 800 All-in-One Printer that what im useing.

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (2,910 Views)

hp dont have 1 u have 2 get a 

Epson Artisan 800 All-in-One Printer that what im useing.

Tutor
Message 7 of 7 (682 Views)

Sure thing Gold 6-works great

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation