cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Install CD for Laserjet Pro MFP M426fdw fails on windows XP

HP Recommended
M426fdw
Microsoft Windows XP

2016-07-02 13_34_25-Program Manager.png

3 REPLIES 3
Level 19
Level 19
88,599 88,485 11,309 24,287
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please go to the following site to select software and drivers to download and install to your computer

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7458660&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4062

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did and it was pretty painful as it is not clear which of the two drivers listed is the one I really need. So I chose the smaller one with no installer, followed the directions as best I could and finally got it installed but it did not work. I already had the printer working wireless on a windows 7 (now 10) PC so when I did the install on the XP machine it was difficult to configure the printer install as it never did actually find the printer. It ended up spooling print jobs but they would never print/complete and it would consume the most of the CPU forever. Then I tried to delete the printer so I could actually use the computer and it would say deleting but never complete the removal from the system. I finally stopped the spooler service - manually deleted the print jobs from the disk and the printer was finally deleted.

So now I tried installing again but this time with the printer connected with an ethernet cable. Success - I can now print.

But now I also need to scan and I see no means to do this. What do I need to do to get the Scanning to work?
0 Kudos
Level 1
Level 1
12 12 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

please use the full solution driver which is include the scan driver in HP.com,  also the bigger one, not the smaller.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation