cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hptfo
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Install Laserjet MFP127fn drivers on Windows 10

HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP127fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Does anyone able to install the drivers for that machine on a Windows 10 platform?

I've tried several time and get the same error message: The installation took too much time and has been canceled!

Thank you for your help,

hptfo.

6 REPLIES 6
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,534 191 247
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hptfo,

Thanks for exploring the HP Support Forums for a solution to your installation issue.

I understand that you are trying to install an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn drivers on a Windows 10 computer but it keeps failing with the message "The installation took too much time and has been canceled". I would like to help with that.

I would start by making sure that all the Windows Updates are up to date.

It might help to make sure the print spooler is running by following the steps in his document - Unable to Install Software (Windows)

Next, I would perform a clean boot on the computer. If unsure about how to perform a clean boot on the computer, this document by The Windows Club can help - Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10 / 8 / 7.

Once the clean boot is done, download the printer drivers by clicking this link - HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127/128 Series Full Software and Drivers.

Next, try to install the software and drivers again.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
hptfo
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @rb011,

Thank you for your resolution proposition but it unfortunatly didn't works.

I've check the print Spooler and start the computer is Clean Mode but I get the same error message:  "The installation operation took to much time to execute. It's a fatal error that prevent the product installation. Reboot your computer and try again..."

In the hpbcsinstaller.log have have the following line near the end (before the error message pops up): 

16:08:11.3974 Information DeviceObject.ForceReenumerate(): CM_Reenumerate_DevNode_Ex returned Success for device ID: 138
16:08:11.3974 Information USBConnectEngine.ForceReenumerate(): Successfully re-enumerated : usb\vid_03f0&pid_322a\cnb9fc9dfzsi1c
16:08:11.3974 Information USBConnectEngine.ForceReenumerate(): Finished attempting to re-enumerate USB devices. Return value = True
16:08:11.3974 Information USBConnectEngine.SetStopEventIfPrinterFound(): Results after forcing re-enumeration are: True
16:08:21.4117 Information USBConnectEngine.DidPrinterInstanceGetCreated(): Checking for a new printer instance for PrintDriverName = HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127-M128 PCLmS
16:08:21.4117 Information USBConnectEngine.DidPrinterInstanceGetCreated(): Returning: False
16:08:21.4117 Information USBConnectEngine.SetStopEventIfPrinterFound(): There must be an issue, so try forcing PnP re-enumeration....
16:08:21.4117 Information USBConnectEngine.ForceReenumerate(): Attempting to re-enumerate USB devices....
16:08:21.4117 Information USBConnectEngine.<ForceReenumerate>b__1f(): PnP device: usb\vid_03f0&pid_322a\cnb9fc9dfzsi1c
16:08:21.4117 Information USBConnectEngine.ForceReenumerate(): Matching Device Instance ID: usb\vid_03f0&pid_322a\cnb9fc9dfzsi1c
16:08:21.4187 Information USBConnectEngine.ForceReenumerate(): DevInst handle: 138
16:08:21.4187 Information DeviceObject.ForceReenumerate(): CM_Reenumerate_DevNode_Ex returned Success for device ID: 138
16:08:21.4187 Information USBConnectEngine.ForceReenumerate(): Successfully re-enumerated : usb\vid_03f0&pid_322a\cnb9fc9dfzsi1c
16:08:21.4187 Information USBConnectEngine.ForceReenumerate(): Finished attempting to re-enumerate USB devices. Return value = True
16:08:21.4187 Information USBConnectEngine.SetStopEventIfPrinterFound(): Results after forcing re-enumeration are: True
16:08:29.7625 !ERROR! USBConnectEngine.AbortThreadOnTimeout(): Thread time out error.

Not sure if that help.

Any idea?

Best regards,

hptfo.

rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,534 191 247
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hptfo,

Thanks for geting back to me.

Microsoft has released a utility program called MS Fit It that was designed to help fix issues that would block software installations. You can download MS Fix It here.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

hptfo
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @rb011,

Unfortunatly, this Microsoft utility didn't fix my issue.

In fact, this utility is already build in in the OS and didn't notice any problem.

Am I the only Windows 10 user having this issue?

I've tried on 3 other laptops (different models) and have the same issue (the printer is connected by the USB cable).

Best regards,

hptfo.

rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,534 191 247
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hptfo,

It is strange that it is doing the same thing on 4 different computers.

Are you waiting for the installation software to let you know when to connect the USB cable, before connecting the USB?

I will watch for your reply so I can assist you further. Please reply at your convenience.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

hptfo
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @rb011,

Yes, I do wait for this message.

Today I've decided to go with the Network installation and didn't get any issue.

So bye-bye USB!

Thank you for your help,

hptfo.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation