cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
charlenereeves
Level 2
25 20 0 3
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installation issues officejet pro 6800

I have Windows 7 64 and a printer all in one pro 6800 that refuses to install. I have tried downloading and also placing the USB and used Windows 7 installer no results. help please.

Charlene

Charlene
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
gazalovespells
Level 1
5 2 0 1
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try updating the windows installer
charlenereeves
Level 2
25 20 0 3
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Done this 5 times

Charlene
0 Kudos
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,165
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you mean that you have an Officejet Pro 8600? How are you trying to connect the printer to the computer? What antivirus and firewall are you using? HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://goo.gl/3DAkq
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
charlenereeves
Level 2
25 20 0 3
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I have a officejet 8600 pro and the error event ids are 25026 Error 5 Failed to add port Port, Failed to Discover Port Monitor

Error 1005 Windows Installer Error

also the download was blocked.

Used USB and have the free version of AVG 2013 tried HP Scans and Diagnoists all failed

Keeping on Keeping on

Charlene

Charlene
0 Kudos
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,165
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm betting AVG is preventing the install. The way AVG is designed, it looks at the programs you have and how they are configured, and save that to a list. It is supposed to add new software that you tell it is okay to install, but sometimes it prevents it. Try turning off AVG, downloading the latest drivers, and installing the printer. If that doesn't work, since AVG is free, uninstall it until the printer is installed. I'll link the latest drivers and software for you. Let me know what happens.

HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
charlenereeves
Level 2
25 20 0 3
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No this did not work either but I did notice in my printer server ports where I do have Officejet with full drivers installed and I am adm, but when I create the printer and it works 1 time then it reverts before I can print anything else.

Charlene
0 Kudos
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,165
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you connecting the printer to USB 3.0 ports by chance? USB 3.0 ports sometimes won't let the computer detect the printer. If you have a wireless router, try doing a wireless connection without AVG installed. Let me know what you find.
Signature
0 Kudos
charlenereeves
Level 2
25 20 0 3
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no my computer has only regular USB ports.

Charlene
0 Kudos
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,165
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How long is the USB cable you're using? Are you connecting it through a USB hub or a docking station?
Signature
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation