Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (207 Views)

Installation issues with Officejet Pro L7480 All-in-One

Hello everyone,

We have recently bought the Officejet Pro L7480 All-in-One printer. Installation went smoothly. However, about 2 weeks ago I upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7 (32 bit). We experienced some scanners issues (printing works fine) so I decided to reinstall the software. First in uninstalled then I tried to install again. However the software on the cd was only for Xp and Vista. No sweat, I downloaded the new setup for Windows 7. Now here comes the problem:

Everytime I try to install the setup works, it boots up and asks me to agree to the terms and conditions. I click ok. Then it proceeds to install and right before it stops and exits it says HP-software will be removed. Then it shuts down and does not do anything anymore. I have tried both setups (light and full) and I have tripple-checked for any HP software. I have deleted everything, went to safe mode and deleted more, cleaned the registry, I've done the works. Is there any way to fix this issue besides a complete wipe and a Windows reinstall?

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 2 (173 Views)

Re: Installation issues with Officejet Pro L7480 All-in-One

I will not be able to help you, but you may be able to help me.

I installed the software for the Officejet Pro 7480 when Vista was my operating system.  The printer executed well.  I upgraded to Windows 7 and the printer still worked fine.  Somehow, the printer software got corrupted so I tried to reinstall the printer software from the initial disk that came with the printer,  but it does not install.  A message tells me that the software is not supported in Windows 7.

I have not been able to find the printer software that is compatible with Windows 7.  Apparently you have done so.

Could you tell me how I might get access to printer software for the Officejet Pro 7400 Series that is compatible with Windows 7?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give.

Regards,

MMGG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation