Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (2,454 Views)

Installed ink in deskjet 840c but ink light still flashing. Help!!

It's a very old, much used printer, but worked perfectly until now. We've tried unplugging the power and cleaning the nozzles. Has anyone else experienced the same?

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 3 (2,439 Views)

Re: Installed ink in deskjet 840c but ink light still flashing. Help!!

[ Edited ]

Are you using genuine non refilled HP ink?  What is the OS of the computer that you use with the printer? Did you clean the print cartridges Manually as shown on pages 64-66 of the user manual?  You would also want to wipe down the contacts in printer where the cartridges are inserted into the printer chute to make sure that all build up is not the cause of the issue. I would then also do a hard reset to the printer  in an attempt to restore it to working condition.

Below  are the steps to do a hard reset. No user settings are lost when one performs this reset. 

1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (2,419 Views)

Re: Installed ink in deskjet 840c but ink light still flashing. Help!!

Thanks for the advice. It didn't work, it is a very old printer so has probably just worn out. Definately worth a try tho'.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation