The HP Community is here for you.
03-14-2013 10:12 AM
It's a very old, much used printer, but worked perfectly until now. We've tried unplugging the power and cleaning the nozzles. Has anyone else experienced the same?
03-15-2013 12:25 PM - edited 03-15-2013 12:27 PM
Are you using genuine non refilled HP ink? What is the OS of the computer that you use with the printer? Did you clean the print cartridges Manually as shown on pages 64-66 of the user manual? You would also want to wipe down the contacts in printer where the cartridges are inserted into the printer chute to make sure that all build up is not the cause of the issue. I would then also do a hard reset to the printer in an attempt to restore it to working condition.
Below are the steps to do a hard reset. No user settings are lost when one performs this reset.
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.