Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
deskjet 3050
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I installed a new Linksys Cisco router yesterday. Both Macs conneced to it as well as iphone. Deskjet 3050 J610 will not connect to the network and print. It was connected through the old router but won't connect to this one. I have WPA security. Trouble shooting report says FAIL after: Printer Settings Consistent with Wireless Router Settings. I've pushed WPS button on router but always times out and does not connect. I've unplugged router and plugged it back in. I've turned off printer and turned it back on. Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Please use the following instructions to fix:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

Please also note: Your printer supports 2.4GHz only therefore you need to check and allow your router to broadcast both (dual) bands which are 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Printer is still not working. I am not sure how to make sure I have my router broadcasting both bands (2.4 and 5.0). How do I check that? I believe my printer has WPS technology but it always says there is an error when connecting. The printer settings are not consistent with the router settings. What does that mean? How can I make them consistent? Do I need to use a USB cord? Do I need to re-install printer software? I believe I have the latest version. If I go to the Linksys page and change anything we lose internet connection so I'm afraid to change anything there like the network name. I just used the Cisco name provided. I didn't make a unique name for our network at first, but when I went in and changed it to somethng unique (just to try it) the printer still didn't work.

I appreciate your help.

Brenda

HP Recommended

Hi,

One more thing. It says at the bottom of my configuration report that there were two 802.11 networds discovered. One with our SSID and one with a linksys SSID. Could that be confusing the printer WPS? If that is a problem how do I correct it? 

Brenda

HP Recommended

Hi

We hope you’ve solved this issue. You can find further information and expert’s assistance on different topics relates to Cisco technologies at the Cisco Support Forums.

There you can open discussions to solve your queries or find further information such as documents, blogs or videos about certain topics.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.