Note on archived topics.
09-19-2012 11:37 PM
Hi - I have an HP Pavilion Elite HPE on a home network containing a wireless HP Photosmart B210 printer/scanner. This setup has been working for >1.5 years, then about 2 wks ago, I couldn't print from any application. Win7 would post 'cannot communicate with printer'. Here is what I've done:
1) uninstalled - reinstalled driver SW multiple times - however, Win7 posts 'The Printer installation failed' at the end of installation.
2) The HP print and scan doctor finds the wireless printer - but finds no faults or issues. All green check marks
3) I copied/pasted the webpage address into IE - in the Embedded Webserver home tab it states 'System Error - Network connection error.
4) scanning works fine wirelessly and if I connect the printer via USB cable - I can print.
5) I have a Lenovo desktop and Ipad on my network that prints wireless - so it appears the issue is with the Elite HPE only and not the router.
6) If i'm in Excel and select find printer - i get the error 'The active directory domain services is currently unavailable'
7) I checked the printer spooler and it is started and set to Automatic.
I want to keep the ability to print wirelessly, however, if I can't fix this, i'll have to permanently connect using USB. Any suggestions on what is wrong? Thanks, Rob
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-20-2012 01:45 AM
Try the Windows system file checker to see if your operating system has corrupt or otherwise damaged files.. The Command line windows needs to have admin priveleges. The following images are from my Windows 7 desktop, but Vista is virtually the same.
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.
09-24-2012 11:35 PM
Thank you for the reply. I ran the command 'sfc /scannow' from the CMD line (run as an admin)- and it completed without finding any integrity violations. I reinstalled the HP SW (PSB210_Basic_x64_231.exe) and it installed without issue. I was able to successfully print a test page and an excel spreadsheet thru the wireless network.
It looks like this issue is resolved. Thank you for your help.
11-28-2012 06:06 AM
Pc:HP Pavilion DV7 Notebook PC Windows 7 Home premium 64 bits SP1
I also have problem with reinstalling my HP photosmart B210 (network)...
I few days ago after update HP Support Assistant I lose the option of active my scan to PC.
I uninstall SW printer B210... and cannot reinstall it (using my CD) WIFI connexion . Can only install USB connexion
Using SW PSB210_1315 Installing is crashing .. only info: Internal error !!
I have also 2 other PC
1 running Windows 8 32 bits .. installing PSB210_1315 without error
1 running Windows XP installing PSB210_1315 without error
I can using my printer for ePrint !!!
Using installation SW from CD intenting connexion WIFI I see my printer with the right address... but connexion always failled...
I used ccleaner to clean my PC used also sfc... no error...
I think there is somthing... what NOT allow to realize WIFI connexion from PC to printer...
thank's for any HELP