Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2600
I purchased a new printer, signed up for Instant Ink and received my first shipment of cartridges.

I am still using the cartridges that came with the printer, but printed pages are being counted toward my subscription.

I assumed this would begin when I began using the Instant Ink cartridges.

Am I supposed to be "charged" for printing with the original cartridges?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no rollover with the 15 pages FREE plan.  Only $1 per 10 pages over 15.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ilookedtoday

If the ink cartridges that came with the printer are not Instant Ink cartridges, then I agree you would not be charged your page rate while using those cartridges.

Pure speculation, of course.

You want to talk to Instant Ink Support in your region to have this sorted.

Instant Ink / HP Technical Support

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:

Be aware of scams, thieves, and rats that infest the underbelly of the forum. 

These people are NOT here to help you.

AND

• HP does not post unsolicited private messages on the forum that contain embedded phone numbers or email addresses.
  • Verify all phone numbers against HP Contact information in HP Documents.
  • Do not respond to random “we can help – call us at this number” messages.
  • HP will not call you to tell you there is a problem on your computer.
  • HP will not call you and ask for your personal information.
  • HP will not call you to offer you money.
  • Avatars and "HP" emblems inside an email or message can be faked.

HP and Forum Community HP Experts do NOT message, call, or email you and promise to fix a problem if you would just "call this number", give out your personal information, promise your first-born child, provide a credit card number.

Option 1

Wait for an Instant Ink agent to find and respond to your inquiry here on the forum.

And / Or

Option 2

Contact Instant Ink Support / HP Tech Support in your region, chat (as available) or speak with a “live person” and ask for help.

Refer to your regional Terms of Service contract to verify available contact options in your area.

In USA or Canada

Cloud Services (during normal business hours):  1-855-785-2777

• Verify the phone number in your Terms of Service document

HP Instant Ink - USA - Terms of Service

Lots of important information and definitions, including:

#  4:  Printer Needs to be Connected to Internet

#  7:  Service Plans -- What is a page?

#  8:  Rollover Pages

#13:  Customer Support Center -- Cloud Services Contact Phone Number and online contact link

#15:  Cancellation

In UK

HP Support - Specify help for Instant Ink: 0207 660 0596

HP Instant Ink - UK - Terms of Service

Lots of important information and definitions, including:

Top of Page:  Location, Contact Phone Number and online contact link

#  5:  Printer Needs to be Connected to Internet

#  7:  INSTANT INK PROGRAM CARTRIDGES MUST BE RETURNED BY YOU TO HP

#  8Service Plans -- What is a page?

#  9:  Rollover Pages

#13Customer Support Center -- includes Contact Phone Number and online contact link

#16:  Cancellation

HP Instant Ink - UK - Overview / FAQs

Everywhere else:  Contact HP Support

Specify help for Instant Ink / HP Connected / Web Services

HP World-Wide Support

Instant Ink Help, Documents, Videos

Not sure where to start? Stuck?

HP Instant Ink – Top Solutions

HP Instant Ink, Sign-up, Information, and FAQ

Scroll down on page or click Three vertical white dots on blue background > top right of page

FAQ includes “Is my printer eligible for HP Instant Ink?”

HP Printers - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink

What is Instant Ink?  How it works – how to participate

HP Instant Ink - Obtaining Replacement Ink Cartridges

Includes instructions (#7-#8) if you do not receive (or need replacement) Instant Ink cartridges

HP Connected Website Support Page > Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

HP Connected

HP Connected > How to > Printer Setup, Installation & Updates >

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to FAQ:

Can I reuse a customized printer email address?

Instant Ink Website Support Page > Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

HP Instant Ink

HP Instant Ink - Is My HP Instant Ink Cartridge Broken?

Instant Ink - Replacing or Adding Printers to Your Account

ePrint, and Print Applications

Videos!

Fitting Instant Ink Cartridges in your HP Envy or Officejet Printer

Video - Instant Ink – Signing Up and Getting Started

Video – Instant Ink – Thanks for Enrolling - What's Next?

HP Connected - Instant Ink – Where available > Click Supported Countries (top right of Webpage)

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply.

I just checked and the cartridges that came with the printer are labeled 'Instant Ink Ready'.

I'm on the free plan, and am only being charged $1. I don't know that I want to invest more time in $1. 🙂

If I only use one of the ten extra pages, do you know if the others will roll over, or does that only apply to unused "free" pages?
HP Recommended

There is no rollover with the 15 pages FREE plan.  Only $1 per 10 pages over 15.

HP Recommended

I have the same question. I'm still using the ink that came with the printer when I bought it last month. Before I started using it, I signed up for the free (15 page) monthly plan. I was sent the replacement instant ink cartridge right away. I was surprised because I assumed that HP would send me the first instant ink cartridge once I run out of the first ink cartridge that came with the printer. I haven't opened the first replacement instant ink cartridge yet.

HP Print settings say that 65% of the ink is still available on the original cartridge that came with the printer. But today, I got an email saying that I printed the maximum quota of 15 pages for this billing cycle. So, I guess HP is including the number of pages printed under instant ink plan even with the cartridge that came with the printer. So, should I throw away the barely used original cartridge & install the replacement ink cartridge to prevent any charges? This is a bit confusing.

HP Recommended

@skm81

Instant Ink is a print-by-page subscription.

Any and all the Ink you use is included while the subscription is active.   You do not need - nor do you want - to discard Ink cartridges before they need to be replaced.

You are not charged for the Ink.  Your plan is by-the-page and NOT by the cartridge.

You will incur charges if you print more pages than your plan includes.  I do not have the contract in front of me at the moment - I believe you are charged $1 for a set of ten pages. 

Read your Terms of Service contract for details and exactly how each of the plans work.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

@skm81

You are welcome.

Happy Printing.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.