Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8720

Hi there

I have a couple of intermittent issues with my brand new OfficeJet Pro 8720.

1. Every now and again, a page will print as if it's got double vision - this means the print job needs to be rerun.

2. I am finding that every few pages come out with creases in them - they are diagonal running from top left to bottom right (but nearer vertical than 45 degrees). It doesn't seem to matter whether its single or double sided.

(just to confirm these don't both happen at the same time together - they are generally independant of each other)

The printer doesn't print that many pages yet, however I need to get this resolved before I start printing more.

Help please!!!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello, @TheMoose - Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to HP Forums! I’d like to help!

I understand that you are having issues while printing from with your Officejet printer. Do not worry, I’m here to help 🙂

To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.

Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

If the copy works fine, then the issue could be with the printer drivers. Let me know the operating system on your PC to provide you with the specific steps to perform a clean install.

Let me know if that works!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

I have just done my first ever copy on the machine. It came out fine. I generally use the machine for scanning or printing. Not copy or fax)

I have also printed something that came out fine too.

I don't think a 1 page copy is a particuarly representative of there not being an issue with the unit. As I said in my original post, it'll work fine for a while and then one page will be creased or will come out with double vision.

Is ther anything else you can suggest? I would be open to carrying out a clean install as you suggset. I am using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

@TheMoose

It looks like you were interacting with @Dvortex, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service,

I recommend you try the below steps to perform a clean install:

(This procedure explains how to use the Mac printer driver using apple software update to work with the HP Printer).

To install the HP driver through Apple Software Update, create a new print queue on the Mac.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Figure: Example of the Printers & Scanners window
     Example of the Printers & Scanners window

3. Check if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list. Do one of the following steps, depending on if the printer is listed or not.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm communication and to make sure the correct driver is used. Click the name of your printer, then click the minus sign  to delete the printer. Once the printer is removed, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed in the Add Printer or Scanner window, make sure the printer is connected to the Mac with a USB cable, or that it is on the same wired or wireless network as your Mac. See the Frequently asked questions in this document to resolve connection issues, try to add the printer again, then continue to the next step.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok - I have reinstalled the printer. I will see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@TheMoose

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Does this mean, the printer is working fine now,

Please reply with the details.
(had to be edited as I wasn't sure, what to make of your response)

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As per my earlier messages, the printer had intermittent issues, not with every docucment printed so I don't know... yet.

HP Recommended

@TheMoose

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

I would appreciate if you could add some details as to which step you've done and if the issue is fixed, what did the trick so that it could help others as well.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm afraid the double vision just happened again.

HP Recommended

@TheMoose

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

In this case, you could attempt downloading the alternate printer drivers for the 990c:

Click here to download and install this instead

Keep me posted and let me know if that works,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.