Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought an OfficeJet Pro 8710 in Asia. It uses 955 and 955XL cartridges.

The 8710 in the US uses 952 and 952XL cartridges.

I am currently in the US and would like to buy a few cartridges to take back with me.

Will the 952 fit in the Asian version of the 8710 printer?

This screen seems to say it will, BUT I want to be sure before I spend $100+

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 11.19.16 PM.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi jdpearce,

Thank you for purchasing HP products.

This OfficeJet Pro 87xx Series Printer is a regionalise printer. If you purchased this printer in Asia, you need to use the ink cartridges from the same region.

You need to contact in country support center to request for a regionalisation reset on your printer if you decide to use the ink cartridges purchased from other region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Please take note that once you have performed regionalisation reset on your printer, your printer can only recognise HP 952/952XL ink cartridges.

You will need to contact the support center again to perform regionalisation reset on your printer if you decide to use back HP 955/955XL ink cartridges in future.

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 955 cartridges are intended for the USA and will be rejected by a printer set to Asia region and cannot be used with the printer...

HP will reset the pritner for the country you're living at only, not to another region, so the answer would be no:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi jdpearce,

Thank you for purchasing HP products.

This OfficeJet Pro 87xx Series Printer is a regionalise printer. If you purchased this printer in Asia, you need to use the ink cartridges from the same region.

You need to contact in country support center to request for a regionalisation reset on your printer if you decide to use the ink cartridges purchased from other region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Please take note that once you have performed regionalisation reset on your printer, your printer can only recognise HP 952/952XL ink cartridges.

You will need to contact the support center again to perform regionalisation reset on your printer if you decide to use back HP 955/955XL ink cartridges in future.

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

If you are an HP employee, why can you NOT speak on behalf of HP?

This is NOT what HP Support told me yesterday. They said that the 952 will work in my printer and mentioned nothing about a "regionalisation reset".

The problem is that although the 8710 printer is sold in Vietnam, it is VERY HARD to find the 955 cartridges and the 955XL is NOT sold anywhere in Vietnam. 

HP Recommended

Hi jdpearce,

I am providing you another opinion based on my knowledge/experience. I do not want you to purchase the ink cartridges which you are not able to use later.

I am not sure if you have informed to call center that you have purchased this printer in Asia Pacific region. If US ink cartridges can be used in printer purchased in Asia Pacific, then I think the ink cartridges selectivity number should be the same.

I have checked some information on HP website which may be useful to you.

Which ink cartridges work with my printer?

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c04945265

Where can I buy ink cartridges?

https://h22203.www2.hp.com/SureSupply/?AppName=CustomerCare_docs&searchTerm=HP-Officejet-Pro-8710-Al...

If you have difficulty to purchase ink cartridges in Vietnam, you can order online which will help to save time and enjoy delivery to your doorstep.

Hope this will help to resolve your issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.