cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Is it possible to take multiple scans from one page in one go?

HP Recommended

My old scanner used to let me select several marquees around different parts of a page and upon pressing scan, the software would save several images in one go - thus meaning I didn't have to draw a marquee, scan, save and repeat but instead I used to draw several marquees, scan all at once and then save all images (separately).

I have just bought a HP Envy 5532. Is there any scanning software that will let me do this as I used to with my Epson scanner?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Toby

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,539
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TobyParnell 

Although I rather not be the bearer of bad news, I couldn't have your inquiry go unanswered. The feature you are looking for is called 'detect seperate items'. With this feature you can, as you explained, put multiple photos on the glass and the software will detect each separate item and save them separately. The older software used to do this, and frankly I am not sure why the newer versions do not.

I know it seems like a step backwards, but I am sure HP has a method to their madness! It seems to me that over the years the software has become more simple, less options equals easier to use. Maybe the intention is to make the software easier to use. I can't speak for HP, only for myself, but I understand how not having this ability can slow down your scanning process and tasks.

You are welcome to submit your feedback here if you would like. It might be the best way to let HP know what their customers want! :smileyhappy:   questions or feedback

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
386 384 16 76
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Toby,

The version of scanning software that accompanies the HP Envy 5520 should support this.   Once you do the scan and see the preview of your image, there is a Crop option over on the right hand side menu.   In the drop-down box, change this from "Original" to "Selection".    Now draw a marquee over the area you wish to save.   Under the Crop drop-down box is an icon that allows you to add the selection as a new image.   Click this, and notice that it creates a new image with the selected area.    You can repeat these steps for as many regions as you want to create on the scanned image, all without having to rescan the page each time.

Hope this helps!

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation