cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cmetrose
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Issue with Black Ink not Printing after changing all Cartridges HP OfficeJet Pro 6968

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just re enrolled into HP Ink again.  And I tried using the old cartridges that had nver been used and put them in the printer. I get color with no problem but the black ink is not printing. I cleaned the Printer Heads, realigned them, checked for clogs on the Ink itself, etc... I went ahead and put another brand new black ink in and did a test page, same issue. I get good testing on all the color inks, but the black one skips the darkest setting and I get 2 grey colors. I went through all of the troubleshhoting steps recommended.  I'm at a loss here. Any suggestions?

Thank You

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Cmetrose
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You for your quick reply. I did 2 other printerhead cleanings and now on the test pageI can now start to make out the ABC in very faded black ink. I have to wait about 30 minutes to do another one. I went through and checked for clogs again but Im nt seeing anything on the black ink. The color part is bright and clear. Im uncertain if there is anything I can check internally on the printer to see if it can be cleaned by me or not.

Thank You

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation