Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet8600pro

HP Customer Service

BEWARE

ON Friday, the 14th May 17 about 4pm I decided to contact HP about a connectivity problem with my HP Officejet 8600pro.The printer is about 4 yrs old and worked perfectly with windows8 but really wouldn’t stay connected to widows10.

Now this is the good part. I went through their Web site and chatted online with one of their employees and after discussing the problem she told me it would need to be fixed by one of their technicians and this person would ring me.

Their technician did ring me and started working remotely on my computer and I said you are working remotely (never asked) but I was sort of OK with this as I was dealing with HP.

Wrong wrong. He started downloading suspicious material and I said what’s going on I’m not happy but before I could pull the power to the computer it was now on my computer. Because I believed the person could be trusted it gave him those few vital seconds.

Now I said stop but to late and he told me the reason my computer wasn’t working as I had a very bad virus but it can be fixed for $499us.

Just got scammed by HP or their employee but either way it was a HP site and its them that need to be held accountable.

I have been scammed before and they rebuilt my computer, I have all the latest Norton protection and my IT person checks my computer for cookies weekly.

Now because they take control of your computer they can down load anything they want.

I’m very careful about opening unknown sites but this was through HP a world known brand that I trusted.

Do not trust this company unless you to want to get scammed!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jeffstill

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.