cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PCCook
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

L7650 Black print & POST error

I have an L7650 that stops during the power-up self test and displays:

Printhead(s) Problem

The following printhead(s) has a problem:

black/yellow [K/Y].

The yellow exclamation Icon blinks, and the process stops. The unit worked great for approx 9 months, then the black printhd developed missing dots across the width of page, repeated every 3/4" down the page. Al other colors looked O.K. I changed the Black/Yellow printhead - no difference. After studying the Knowledgebase, problem was fixed by changing to 'Best' quality. 5 weeks ago, the printer began to display the message above and I have been going in circles with HP Support since then. They do not respond to my replies after trying their suggestions.

Before you ask, I have read and done every step in KB #3203059- clean contacts, wait before re-booting, try to run setup print test, nothing will print. It says to change print head; this meant ordering a new one (from HP). I did, but negative results.

It isn't even a year old(!); should I dispose of it and go buy a better one?

thanks,

PCCook

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
PCCook
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Moderator, please excuse this method of adding a Postscript, as I am new here.

Just wanted to add a P.S. to my earlier post---

When I got off the phone an hour ago, I knew that HP Service was merely running out the clock on my 1 yr warranty on the AIO. They had a copy of my purchase receipt (May 10 last year), full list of symptoms, the proper ticket number (8024583376), and yet they would only "replace at cost"!!

I told 'Shaun' how disappointed I was that after 5 weeks of fruitless exchanges, that HP would do no better than charge me for a printer still within warranty. He was very sorry, but the 'Organization' must have decided that it did not deserve coverage. He is part of a sham, promising something they will not deliver.

I called the retailer- and in a matter of minutes, they offered me credit for the L7650, and whatever kind of printer I want. (It will not be HP.) This does it for me- I no longer trust the HP 'Organization'. I will spread the word, too.

So as the lady used to say: "Never Mind!"

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP_Hopeful
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, 4 years later - I have the same problem as you did...  Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Please reply to my e-mail: {Private Information Removed}

Thanks, VB

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi HP_Hopeful

I understand you are experiencing an issue with print quality.  Please click the link below, select the appropriate description of the issue you are experiencing, and follow the recommended steps provided.

Print quality / Defective printouts

Hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
HP_Hopeful
5 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope... I've tried everything in that link - still no solution!  Urrrhhh! 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi HP_Hopeful,

I understand you have completed all of the troubleshooting steps in the document I had provided. Did you try replacing the defective printhead? If not and you are in the US you can use the Home & Home Office Store. If you are outside of the US you can use the HP Part Surfer to order the printhead.

The alternate option is to contact HP to see what out of warranty options they have available for you. The North American number is 1-800-474-3836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Best of luck.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation