Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I upgrade the LCD list on my HP4500?

HP Recommended

YAY!!! This worked thanx so much!

HP Recommended

I use an hp Photosmart all-in-one D110.  When trying to scan I get the above message, and no scan.  In the past I do not have this problem, using the exact same equipment.

HP Recommended

Hello Mr. Al-amili. At first I rolled my eyes at your comment, but I was at my wits end doing all this other technical stuff others were suggesting and I tried your suggestion as the last resort. It worked!!!!! I was surprised because my printer was already shut off before I decided to scan. Thank you so much for your MOST helpful solution!

HP Recommended

My Photosmart Plus is fairly  new, but I will have to replace it due to quality problems with HP software. Has anyone looked at competing vendors that might provide a reliable all-in-one?

HP Recommended

this is the one that helped me. thanx good old reboot! i havent had an issue since. fixed it a couple weeks ago.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow the instructions below to update LCD list.

1. Open Solution Center

2. Click on Settings

3. Click on Scan Settings

4. Click on Scan to...Setup

5. Add any scan shortcuts from the left to the right screen, and then click Update the device.

1.png

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

How do I upgrade the LCD list on my HP 8500 all in one

HP Recommended

The solution offered by PCWizard here does NOT solve the problem. As pictured, there are no Available Scan Shortcuts on the left side of the screen-shot to be added to the right side, which is the way it appears every time I go to this screen for an LCD update. So there is nothing to update, yet I still receive this message. Even my former solution (well above) only works temporarily, perhaps a week or so. Shutting down the printer and turning it back on works, but that only temporarily also. Again, we all know scans can be run from the computer keyboard without this problem, even when this problem exists. However, HPs software is defective in that it creates this error and prevents the printer-touch-screen scan feature that is supposed to work. The feature is important for wireless situations where the printer is not beside the computer, and would allow scans to be run without traveling back and forth between the printer and computer.  HP has failed miserably to address this problem, which has been going on for a long time without a permanent solution.None of the solutions offered in the very long chain of comments above are more than temporary, other than replacing the HP printer with another brand of printer.

HP Recommended

I tried the reboot and that did not work. I re installed all the software and that did not work. I keep getting the same error message that the LCD list needs to be upgraded. There is nothing to upgrade on my list all the shortcuts are on the left. How do you fix this error if you have already upgraded the LCD list? Or at least checked it and saw that it was fine. I would appreciate any help with this. It seems there are quite a few other people out there experiencing the exact same problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.