Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP officejet Pro 8500 909a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day reader,

After semi-full reset, the only language I can select is USA. Can somebody help?

I thought there is a special key-combination to solve this, but I do not remember anymore this code.

Frank.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @HP-freek, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand after performing semi full reset on your printer you are unable to make the language selection on your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Since the issue persists after performing semi full reset on your printer.

Try performing a partial reset and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform semi full reset is confidential, I will send you the steps in a private message. Please watch your inbox for more information.

If the issue still persists after trying out the partial reset, please contact HP for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day Mr. Robot,

I have the 909a without big touchscreen, so your way to explain partial reset doesn't work for me.

However, I perform a partial reset already by pushing * + # simultaneous and after that pushing code 123.

Unfortunately, this partial reset wasn't working.

Still the printer is forcing me to select USA.

I want to switch to english and not to USA because I do not like the way date/time is displayed in USA-format.

Brgds, Frank.

HP Recommended

@HP-freek, It's been great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the steps provided in my previous thread did not work.

I will send you the steps again in a private message, Please watch your inbox.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.