Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 11 (28,561 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet 1022n Windows 7 64-bit Installation Problem

Running Windows 7 Home 64 bit; Downloaded driver from HP site; Using USB connection; During installation it does not recognize that the device is connected and turned on; Cannot proceed with installation, only option is to Cancel and Exit. 

Please help

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: LaserJet 1022n Windows 7 64-bit Installation Problem

Hi SlowAndSteady,

First, you should download and install the drivers found here (may already be what you are trying to install):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=439323#N164

If you are still having an issue with your computer not recognizing the printer, try the troubleshooting steps listed here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02124639

View solution in context
Professor
Message 2 of 11 (28,526 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi SlowAndSteady,

First, you should download and install the drivers found here (may already be what you are trying to install):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4393...

If you are still having an issue with your computer not recognizing the printer, try the troubleshooting steps listed here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02124639

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Professor
Message 3 of 11 (28,515 Views)

On my win7 64 bit system, I have tested the drivers posted on the hp.com site and they load and print a test page as well as from Excel and Word.

The link is here: LJ 1022 driver

Steps to load:

1. Download driver

2. Click Run

3. Click "I accept" check box then the  next button.

4.Plug in USB cable when the Connect via the USB port screen comes up. You should get the pop up in the bottom right hand screen that says: "Installing device driver software"

5. When pop up disappears, drivers have been loaded, cancel out of ALL remaining screens and the pop up that ask if you are sure you want to cancel.

6. Go to Devices and Printers folder

7. Look for HP LaserJet 1022 printer (should have green check mark on it)

8. Driver has been successfully loaded.

Make sure all previous attempts have been deleted from device and printer folders AND you have rebooted your computer.

driver1.PNG

driver2.PNG

driver3.PNG

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Honor Student
Message 4 of 11 (28,510 Views)

Thank you.

I had previously tried this and after I connect the USB cable to the printer the software freezes and does not recognize that the printer has been connected to the computer.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 11 (28,509 Views)

Thanks.  Did not work.  This is strange as the printer works with Windows 7 32-bit on another machine.  The printer works; the usb cable is operational; the usb ports are ok; I'm puzzled.

Professor
Message 6 of 11 (28,447 Views)

First, thank you all for being patient with me as I try to resolve this issue. Here is the resolutions (you have 3 options)... Smiley Happy

1. The drivers posted on hp.com do work. We have been tested them all week, on several different test systems and have been able to get them to load and print every time successfully in both the 32 and 64 bit environment,

2. I have created a document (see attached) that has 3 different install methods. Again, these install methods have been tested several times this week on several different system and all have worked successfully, both in printing test pages and in printing from Word, in the 32 and 64 bit environments.

3. If you have downloaded drivers from different languages and you want to clean them off your system, you will need to delete everything that has LJ1020 or LJ 1022 associated with it. This means removing everything from the driver store and from all HP folders. You will need to look in your Print Server Properties (at the top of your device manager, make sure you have at least one driver with a green check mark on it and it isn't the LJ1022 so you can see the Print Server Properties) and delete the driver and package from here. As well as delete the LJ1022 folders from your C://Program files and your recycle bin. Then make sure your reboot your computer BEFORE you try and reinstall anything. You may have to do this a couple of time before everything is off your system

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Student
Message 7 of 11 (28,226 Views)

This is listed under 1022n.  This is a network printer, but the solutions above all seem to point to USB connection.  Is there a way to connect Windows 7 64 Bit to a networked LJ 1022N?    I've tried the download for Win 7 64 Bit, but Windows says there is no driver found. 

Honor Student
Message 8 of 11 (28,197 Views)

Thank you

Student
Message 9 of 11 (28,076 Views)

I'm having the exact problem that Slowandsteady has had.. did you find a resolution ?

Win64 pro.

Student
Message 10 of 11 (25,339 Views)

I have read the correspndence on this - doesn't help I'm afraid.

Problem is that the driver will not install because the installation stops at "plug in the usb connection" - it's already plugged in!

Please help - it seems pretty silly that my HP Pavilion g series PC can't talk to an HP printer!

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation