cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Craig5996
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

LaserJet 1320 prints only one copy

HP Recommended

Problem: LJ 1320 will only print one copy regardless of number of copies selected. Windows 8 x64, driver is most recent HP LJ 1320 PCL5 downloaded from HP. Print quality is normal, seems to work normally otherwise.

Any advice or solutions out there?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
hardw2fix
Level 1
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have access to a window XP or window 7 computer?  If so, could you try it again from a different computer.

I work for HP
0 Kudos
VinayBangalore
Level 1
5 5 0 2
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This problem is caused by Mopier Mode being enabled by default.

The idea of Mopier Mode is to minimise computer and network traffic by sending only 1 copy to a printer equiped with suitable internal memory. That stored copy is then used to produce the multiple copies. Most HP Laserjets do not have suitable internal memory and so only the one copy sent by the computer gets printed.

To disable Mopier Mode:

Click Start

Click Devices and Printers

Right click your Laserjet Printer

Select Printer Properties

Click the Device Settings Tab

Scroll down to the bottom

If necessary, expand Installable Options

Click on Mopier Mode

Select Disable in the selection box that appears

Click Apply

You will now get multiple copies.

id_helper
5 5 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In looking around on the HP Support Site I was able to find the following link about enabling printing multiple copies on 1320.   I have not played with the Win8 driver so this may not apply but I thought I would share in case you had not seen this.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00226015

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow - just done this by your step by step guide and it seems to work now.   Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
bharsh
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Absolutely spot on advice, I've been googling to find a fix for this problem for years.  Never found the right combination of search terms until finally your list rose to the top.  "mopier" indeed.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ongchuk1
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow it worked wonder,

I plan to refer to the forum asn adn when I face problems in IT related issues

0 Kudos
GodsChild3
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This was very helpful.  It worked. Can now print multiple pages

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation