cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JimSh
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

LaserJet 1525nw wireless printer

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I was having problems with the wireless modem from my internet provider, they sent me a new modem, same model.

When I installed it I couldn't get my HP CP1525nw printer to connect to the wireless network.

I contacted HP support but they won't help me because the printer is 3.5 years old. I know it will work because it worked before I replaced the modem.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,314 31,028 5,348 12,450
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may reconnect it to the network using WPS or via the software installation.

If your wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), this is the simplest way to set up the product on a wireless network.
1. Press the WPS button on your wireless router.
2. Press and hold the Wireless button on the product control panel for two seconds. Release the button when the wireless light starts blinking.
3. Wait up to two minutes while the product establishes a network connection with the wireless router

If your router does not support WPS or the steps above fails use the software to reconnect the printer as following:

1. Download and run the following software:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=lj-86470-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...
2. Follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select the Connect through a wireless network option. Connect the USB cable to the product when prompted.
CAUTION: Do not connect the USB cable until the installation program prompts you.
3. When installation is complete, disconnect the USB cable.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
JimSh
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I down loaded the software and am at the point of attaching the cable between computer and printer.

It has been there for about 10 minutes with no response. I can't tell if anythign is happening.

0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,314 31,028 5,348 12,450
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

May you connected the cable prior running the installer?

From the Control Panel go to devices and Printers.

Can you see the printer listed there?

If it is listed right click it and select Remove Device, then remove and reattach the USB.

May you see any difference?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
JimSh
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried it numerous times with different USB ports and each time it said the computer could not communicate with the printer. I contacted HP support but they want $59.99 to fix it. The printer is too old and not supported.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation